There is growing concern about the level of poverty in Salmon Arm, and homelessness is just one aspect of it. Recent studies and assessments have shown that community members don’t know where to go for help. Additionally, many people are reluctant to ask for help. Stigma and fear of being judged often prevents people from accessing the support they need.
Join The City of Salmon Arm, the Salmon Arm Social Impact Advisory Committee, Urban Matters CCC for an informational webinar about stigma against poverty and how you can help support your friends, family, and neighbours who may be struggling.
This is an opportunity to:
- Learn what stigma looks like and what to do about it
- Better understand the complex nature and factors of poverty
- Find out where to get information about services and supports available
- Explore ways to support community members experiencing poverty
We want all members of our community to feel safe reaching out for help. We also want to empower individuals with the knowledge to offer support. No one should be struggling in silence. Please join us in working to reduce poverty in Salmon Arm.
- When: Tue, April 4, 2023 from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Virtually for approximately 1.5 hours
- How: Register on Eventbrite and a Zoom link will be emailed to you.
Please note: This webinar is designed to be informative and educational. The aim is to deepen understanding about poverty and showcase the amazing organizations in our community who are available to help. Questions and concerns will be forwarded to the City of Salmon Arm following the event.
This virtual event is open to all community members of Salmon Arm.