- City Services
- Development Services
- Bylaw Enforcement Services
Bylaw Enforcement Services
Bylaw Enforcement is responsible for the enforcement of City of Salmon Arm bylaws, including parking regulations. Enforcement may include information, education, municipal tickets and/or legal action where City bylaws have been contravened.
How to Report a Bylaw Violation
On a complaint basis, Salmon Arm Bylaw Services will investigate Bylaw violations within the City of Salmon Arm. To report a Bylaw violation please use one of the following methods:
- To register a bylaw enforcement complaint, please complete the Bylaw Complaint Form (PDF) and submit the form to the Customer Service Centre at City Hall; or
- Report a bylaw violation using our Request Tracker.
Anonymous complaints will not be accepted by the City of Salmon Arm. The complainant's personal identity will remain confidential at all times, except if necessary to give evidence in court. We also collect your information if we have questions or require clarification.
Common Bylaw Violations can be found here.
How to dispute a ticket
Bylaw enforcement issues two different kinds of tickets; a parking violation ticket; and a Municipal Ticket Information Ticket (MTI). Bylaw No. 2760 authorizes the use of these MTI tickets.
- To dispute a parking ticket, please complete the Parking Ticket Dispute Form (PDF) and submit the form to the Customer Service Centre at City Hall. If your vehicle has been towed, please contact Ben's Towing at 250.832.6512.
- If you have received a MTI from the City of Salmon Arm and wish to dispute the allegations, please use the MTI Ticket Dispute Form. Tickets must be disputed within 14 days of service.
- Mailed letters of dispute MUST be postmarked on or before the 14th day from the date of service of the ticket.
- Once a MTI is issued, the process becomes a formal matter. Please print the document and fill it out completely and return to City Hall so that the matter may advance without delay. If you are unable to print the form, a copy may be obtained at City Hall.
- When the completed document has been received by the City of Salmon Arm, the Provincial Court will mail you a hearing date based on the information you have provided.
- Please note that completion of this form is not to reopen the investigation with the issuing Bylaw Enforcement Officer. This form is to ensure that you receive every opportunity to provide your side of the alleged offence in court.
- If you are mailing the letter of dispute, please be sure that you clearly fill out all fields or the matter will be unable to proceed in Provincial Court.