- City Services
- Financial Services
- Utility Billing
Metered Water and Sewer Utilities
Metered properties are invoiced for water and sewer on a bi-monthly basis.
Most residential properties in Salmon Arm are billed for water and sewer annually. Invoices are mailed in early December and are eligible for a 10% discount if paid on or before the discount deadline (usually February 15). Discounts are also permitted on partial payments received by the discount deadline. To avoid a 10% penalty, the current year water and sewer invoice must be paid on or before the first business day after July 1.
Utility Payment Options
Internet or Telephone Banking:
Most financial institutions accept utility payments through telephone and internet banking. Be sure that you select the correct payee: To pay utilities, select the City of Salmon Arm Utilities under payees, and use the thirteen digit account number that is shown on your utility bill (e.g. 0006115005000). Use no spaces, decimals or dashes in the account number. For further information on this payment option, please contact your financial institution.
The drop box is beside the main door entrance to City Hall. Payments via cheque or money order can be left in this deposit box. Please remember to write the utility account number on your cheque.
- Send a payment to the:
- City of Salmon Arm
PO Box 40
Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4N2
- City of Salmon Arm
- Write the utility account number on your cheque and ensure that the cheque is payable to the City of Salmon Arm.
- Post-dated cheques are accepted.
- Mail lost or delayed by the post office will be assessed with a penalty if late, postmarks are not considered as the date of payment.
- Mail in a post-dated cheque to avoid penalties
- In the event of a postal disruption, please utilize alternative payment methods to ensure that payment is received by the due date.
In person at City Hall:
Methods of payment accepted are:
- Cash, cheque and debit card;
- Money order; and
- Post-dated cheque payable to the City of Salmon Arm
Hours of operation are 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays)