Click to Home
Go To Search
City of Salmon Arm
Box 40
500 2 Ave. NE
Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4N2
Ph: 250.803.4000
Fx: 250.803.4041
Hours: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Payment Options
Important Note Regarding Home Owner Grants
Regardless of how your property taxes are paid, remember to claim your Rural and Northern Home Owner Grant each year that you are eligible.

Avoid long line ups by applying for your Rural and Northern Home Owner Grant as soon as you receive your property tax notice.

How and Where Can I Pay?
  • In person at the City of Salmon Arm office at 500 - 2 Avenue NE, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m to 4:00 p.m.
  • A payment drop box is located to the left of the front doors of the City of Salmon Arm office. Place your cheque and/or Rural and Northern Home Owner Grant application in an envelope and drop it into the box. Your payment will be processed promptly each morning (Monday to Friday). Any payment put into the dropbox after the close of business on the tax due date will be considered a next day payment and subject to penalty.
  • By mail to the City of Salmon Arm, P.O. Box 40, Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4N2. Post-marks are not accepted as date of payment, be sure to mail your payment in plenty of time.
  • By Internet or telephone banking
  • Through your Financial Institution (see details below)
  • By your Mortgage Company

Many property owners choose to have their property taxes paid by their Mortgage Company or Financial Institution (i.e. the mortgagee). When property owners make their mortgage payments, the Mortgagee allocates a portion of each total mortgage payment to a property tax account held by the mortgagor. This type of a mortgage is referred to as a ‘Principal, Interest, and Taxes’ mortgage (P.I.T. mortgage). P.I.T. mortgages allocate a portion of each payment towards Principal, Interest, and Property Taxes (P.I.T.). The portion of the mortgage payment that is allocated to property taxes accumulates and is forwarded to the City of Salmon Arm, by the Mortgagee, when property taxes are due.

If your taxes are being remitted by a Mortgage Company or Financial Institution, you will still receive a property tax notice from the City of Salmon Arm. The City of Salmon Arm mails to each Mortgagee a listing of all known properties to which this Mortgagee remits property taxes on behalf of. It is between you and your Mortgagee to ensure the correct property taxes are paid to the City of Salmon Arm taking into consideration your eligibility of the Provincial Home Owner Grant. You are not required to take your property tax notice to your Mortgagee - they will already have been advised of the property taxes outstanding on your property.

Note: The Mortgagee must advise the City of Salmon Arm that they require annual property tax information on your property. As a precaution, it is recommended that if you have a new mortgage that you take a copy of your property tax notice to your Mortgage holder to ensure that they are remitting property taxes on your behalf.

The Salmon Arm Savings and Credit Union does not remit property taxes on behalf of its mortgage clients. Please refer to Property Tax Prepayment Plan below for information regarding property tax installments.

Property Tax Deferment Program

What Payment Methods are Accepted?
  • Cheque, cash and debit card
  • Personalized cheques only
  • Post-Dated Cheques

You can pay your taxes and utilities with a cheque post-dated to the due date. This allows city staff time to check your payment and Rural and Northern Home Owner Grant, if applicable, and to contact you prior to the due date if there are any problems or questions. Your post-dated payment is deposited into the Bank on the cheque date.