Click to Home
Go To Search
City of Salmon Arm
Box 40
500 2 Ave. NE
Salmon Arm, BC V1E 4N2
Ph: 250.803.4000
Fx: 250.803.4041
Hours: 8:30am - 4:00pm

Development Services - Planning

Show All Answers

1. Can I put a cottage, coach house, guest house, mobile home or other type of dwelling on my property in addition to the existing house?
2. How can I find out the zoning of my property?
3. How do I apply to rezone a property?
4. Can I apply for a variance to allow a use that isn’t permitted in a zone, instead of rezoning the property?
5. How can I find out if I need a development permit for my new construction project?
6. How long will it take for the city to process a development application?
7. How close does a stream or wetland have to be to my property to affect my development proposal?
8. Are there restrictions on where I am allowed to build fences or retaining walls on my property and how high they can be built?
9. Are there limits to how big a garage I can build on my property?
10. What are setbacks and how do they apply to my property?